The Bulldog Uptown
3236 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
Six words to sum up everything you need to know about this dog friendly New Orleans favorite: “No crawfish allowed inside!” says the sign. “We’re sorry.”
But before we praise it, let us preface it with a few caveats:
- You absolutely, positively have to get here early.
- They pack 33% more tables in the courtyard than they should.
- They don’t allow crawfish inside, which is a mortal sin in New Orleans.
Now, the opposite of a caveat, whatever that is:
- It’s the perfect spot for people watching on Magazine Street. Located between two great bars, across from the Breaux Mart and diagonal from the living nightmare that is Balcony Bar.
- They have a list of beers longer than the length of the hangover you’re bound to have.
- While you can’t bring your crawfish inside, it’s within smelling distance from the best boiler in the city.
- Dogs are most certainly welcome.
So, plan on a weekday. Plan on getting there early. And plan on maybe just bringing some Old Bay spice to occasionally dip your finger into without getting in trouble and you got a fine, fine spot.