1919 Bull Street
Savannah, GA 31401
Here’s how quirky, laid-back, and random the little gem of Foxy Loxy is.
A few minutes before sitting down to write this—hands covered in what was once a taco [more on that in a quick]—some guy sitting outside had his laptop stolen. He calmly came in, ordered a beer, told the waitress about it and is now sitting outside—sipping on said beer—talking to the cops.
So what does this immediately tell us?
- This café is on the fringe of a bad neighborhood [by Savannah standards; by New York standards it’s like midnight on the L train].
- People here are pretty laid-back.
- They have beer.
- They have tacos [best in the city].
Now, some things you might not know already:
- The interior of this little Savannah cafe is a mix of Twin Peaks and a Seattle hipster bar.
- They have live music nightly.
- The selection of beer, coffee, and snacks is fantastic.
- There are nice little alcoves and upstairs spots for you to work.
- Friendly dogs can hang out on the patio and out front.
- Walking away from your laptop anywhere is an invitation to have it bamboozled.
So get yourself down to Foxy Loxy. Be an adult and have a coffee or be a Savannahian and have a beer.
Just make sure to get Fido a nice big bowl of water.
And make sure to get a nice big plate of tacos. Oh, and don’t leave your laptop unattended.