Last weekend marked the 26th annual Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade, where dogs big and small gather to strut their stuff for the chance to be awarded the highest rank a canine can achieve: Best in Show. This year’s competition was stiff, with a crowd of around 400 dogs and 6,000 spectators. Among some of the top contenders…
1. Slime disguised as a pug…or a pug disguised as slime. We’ll let you decide.
2. A Frenchie rolled into a Tootsie.
3. Super Dog Jax Taylor: saving lives and breaking hearts.
4. A beautiful ballerina.
5. And—of course—Pikachu. Because what 2016 Halloween party would be complete without a few Pokémon?
6. Sherlock Holmes sniffing out clues to the nearest Beggin’ Strips.
7. A Jersey dog with a striking resemblance to Marty Feldman.
8. OK, we should just cancel the election and declare this dog the winner. Go get those…um, cats, Don.
9. Jason showing some love for the Yankees. Who knew he was such a fan…
10. If the Demogorgon was this cute, maybe the Upside Down wouldn’t be so bad after all.
11. This dancing disco queen.
12. Snoopy met Wonder Woman.
13. Speaking of Wonder Woman…this family of super heroes made an appearance too.
14. Princess Belle; searching for her Beast.
15. Han Solo and his co-pilot, Chewie.
16. Even Chloe Kardoggian made a celebrity appearance. Get in line, boys!
17. And the winner of this year’s Best in Show? The “Sweet Shoppe.”
Thanks to the dogs who humor our human antics. You all deserve Best in Show.
Latest posts by Erika Fitzgerald (see all)
- Holy Molcajetes! - June 19, 2017
- Charming With a Pinch of Modern in Potrero Hill - June 5, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Furry: The Best Dressed Dogs of Tompkins Square Park - October 29, 2016